Nearing the end of the week, simple question: what do you need this morning?
What comes to mind when you ask this question?
Take your tea or coffee outside
Go for a walk while the city sleeps
Needing to get stuff done?
- Set that timer for 10 min and do a few Life Admin things you have been putting off. Bills, emails, get them out of your way.
- If it feels there is alot to do in other areas of life, make a plan this AM to break down the workload, organize it, and wrap some control around it.
Needing simply to eat?
- Make yourself a really good homemade breakfast, like it's a Saturday
- Low on groceries? If you have a few dollars, take yourself out for breakfast or leave for work early so you can pick up something healthy that makes you feel good on the way to work.
- Not a breakfast person? Then make the best homemade lunch, or pick up something delicious and nutricious on the way to work that you look forward to eating.
- Simply put, make food your self-care today
Needing to grow?
Where specifically do you feel stagnant? Pinpoint it, then make a list this morning of ways you can grow and get outside your comfort zone in that area.
Read. Here are a few recommendations from the DED community:
The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
Adwin says "I really liked this one because it's short and it really helped me with procrastination ... kinda goes hand in hand with DED haha!
Daring Greatly - Brené Brown
Fiona says: The biggest thing I take away from it is the power in vulnerability and taking the risk to do differently in fear of not being accepted. It also talks about how shame can shape our lives. I think it's a book that anyone can definitely relate to because it touches upon topics that are purely related to just being a human.
the Suttle Art of Not Giving a F*** by Mark Manson
Maddison says: it was great. It hones in on a few things - what’s important to you and are you willing to suffer for it and suffering if a part of life and you must embrace it because that’s how you grow. It’s really funny too.
What have you been meaning to try but haven't gotten around to it? Yoga, running, art, photography... This morning, find a few videos online or make a plan to find out how you can start learning asap.
Get in the habit of asking yourself what you need every morning, and see how it feels.
Now, hit play on your morning jam while you get after it this AM...
PS if you have a favorite song that feels good for you in the morning, drop it in the link below! Would love to share it with the community.