June 15: Let's Reflect
As we roll into the end of the second week of the program, we want to take a moment and acknowledge what we all have collectively done these last two weeks.
Over the past two weeks, hundreds of you have committed to winning at your own game and dove into something that most are unwilling to.
You put what matters to you before the world had a chance to take that space away.
More than that though, you played a part in building a community spanning over 10 countries and almost every time zone. That means at almost any time of the day, someone around the world is getting up to get after it.
That's powerful and we want to thank you for your willingness to embrace that side of life.
We think that's pretty damn cool.
Before We Look Ahead
Before looking at what's ahead, it’s worth taking time to sit back and reflect on what just happened.
Most of us have a fear of slowing down – unwilling to stop long enough to let what we’re doing catch up to us. Maybe this is because we don’t want to confront how we spend our time or maybe it’s because we feel like we’ll lose momentum, and maybe it's scary to pause and go under the layers for a bit. But if there’s anything history has taught us, it’s that slowing down to reflect only helps us move faster, further, and more purposefully.
With that, we have a single request from you this morning – take some time to reflect on what these last two weeks have been for you.
It's simple, but powerful. Whether this is your first DED or your 6th, this makes a difference.
It will not only make a big difference in the rest of your Damn Early Days experience this month, but if you incorporate reflection into your life, it will have a huge impact on where you end up.
To get you started, we got some simple questions... look up from the screen and think about each one, write them down, it's up to you.
Here we go.
Questions Worth Thinking About
Keep in mind these are just a guideline to get you started. Your reflection is an exercise in asking the questions you care about.
About Damn Early Days:
- What have you gained from waking up early?
- What are your biggest struggles so far?
- What positive stories have you been telling yourself throughout?
- What self-defeating stories have you been telling yourself throughout?
- Do you feel you're getting closer to what you want?
- What differences do you notice in your life, routine, and mood before and during Damn Early Days?
- What emotions have you gone through? What caused them?
- Were there mornings that were particularly tough? What contributed to them being that way?
- Were there mornings that were particularly enjoyable? What made them more enjoyable?
- Put yourself in your own shoes at the end of Damn Early Days this month. What do you want out of this? What defines “success”?
- What do you want to feel at the end of this?
- What do you need to do next week to move yourself closer to your own success?
- What can you carry into next week that you learned this week? What can you drop?
- What’s the top priority in your life right now?
- How can you use Damn Early Days to focus on it?
And of course...