May 28: Pause and Reset
4 more days, and the end of this month is coming in fast.
As we roll out of bed and into this last week of May, we want to take a moment and acknowledge what we all have collectively done these last three weeks.
Since the beginning of this month, you, (along with all of us) have committed to winning at your own game and dove into something that most are unwilling to.
You put what matters to you before the world had a chance to take that space away. That doesn't mean it was perfect, or you that even checked in every morning, but perfection isn't the goal here. Every morning you showed up for yourself counts.
More than that though, you played a part in building a community spanning over 10 countries and almost every time zone. That means at almost any time of the day, someone around the world is getting up to get after it.
That's powerful and we want to thank you for your willingness to embrace that side of life.
We think that's pretty damn cool.
Before We Look Ahead
Before looking at what's ahead, it’s worth taking time to sit back and reflect on what just happened.
Most of us have a fear of slowing down – unwilling to stop long enough to let what we’re doing catch-up to us. Maybe this is because we don’t want to confront how we spend our time or maybe it’s because we feel like we’ll lose momentum, but if there’s anything history has taught us, it’s that slowing down to reflect only helps us move faster, further, and more purposely.
With that, we have a single request from you this morning – take some time to reflect on what these last three weeks have been for you. Pause, reflect, then reset so that you are still heading where you want to go.
It will not only make a big difference in the rest of your Damn Early Days experience but if you incorporate reflection into your life, it will have a huge impact on where you end up.
To get you started, we got some simple questions...
Questions Worth Thinking About
Keep in mind these are just a guideline to get you started. Your reflection is an exercise in asking the questions you care about.
About Damn Early Days:
- What have you gained from waking up early this month?
- What are your biggest struggles so far? Were some mornings hard (or honestly, impossible)
- What positive stories have you been telling yourself throughout?
- What self-defeating stories have you been telling yourself throughout?
- Do you feel you're getting closer to what you want?
- Wait, what is it you REALLY want?
- What differences do you notice in your life, routine, and mood before and during Damn Early Days?
- Were there mornings that were particularly tough? What contributed to them being that way?
- Were there mornings that were particularly enjoyable? What made them more enjoyable?
- Put yourself in your own shoes at the end of this month's Damn Early Days. What do you want out of this? What defines “success” this round for you?
- What do you need to do in these last few days to move yourself closer to that your success?
- What can you drop?
- What’s the top priority in your life right now?
- How can you use Damn Early Days to focus on it?
Sit with your answers,, write them down, whatever you need to do. Simply give yourself time this morning to pause, reflect, understand and reset.
And, if you are wondering about next month and want to keep making the most of the light this time of year, we're stoked to say yes DED will run again in June. More details will come soon, so start planning what you want from your life next month. We'd love to help you reach your goals.
And of course...